Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pitfalls of Renting

Renting, as opposed to owning, has its perks.  You don't have to fix anything that breaks down.  You don't have property taxes (except those figured into the lease)  After your lease is up if you choose, you can move without the hassle of trying to sell your home.  On the negative side, if your landlord loses his property, you are put in a position of finding a suitable place to live in a hurry.  On the evening of ou return from Florida I received an email from my landlord.  Looks like we have to find a new place to live before November 4th.  We have been looking every day and have found a few places to rent.  I don't think I am cut out to live in a mobile home.  Not enough room for all my "stuff" especially my sewing room which would take up almost the entire mobile home.  I have faith that the Lord has a house for us somewhere.  We just keep looking until we find it.  He has been faithful in the past to supply all our needs (I didn't say "wants") and I am confident that He will take care of us now.
I may not post as often because of all the looking and packing and moving but I will check as often as I can to see what encouragement you might have to offer.  Or tell me about your humorous experiences with moving.  These 63 year old bones are not looking forward to all the packing, unpacking and lifting.  Anyway, keep me in your prayers and remind me daily that "God will take care of me.  Through every day, o'er all the way."
Until tomorrow.

No comments: