Friday, November 25, 2011

I LOVE MAKING DOLL CLOTHES

If you've never made a little doll dress, you really should try it.  It takes less than a yard of fabric for most garments and it's a lot of fun.  I made these garments last week and I fell in love with all of them.  I told my husband I had to have an 18" doll for Christmas.  Silly, huh?

                                                  


I am not a quilter and I almost always have fabric left over from the children's garments I make.  It's usually not enough to make anything in a child's size, but it is perfect for an 18" doll dress.

This is totally off my topic but I just recently noticed that a term has been created to refer to people who sew.  I have an opinion but I like Ardeana Hamlin's better:  "So call me seamstress, call me tailor, call me stitcher, call me needleworker, but please don’t call me “sewist.”  Ardeana is Asst. Editor of the Bangor Daily News and you can read her entire story here:   http://bangordailynews.com/2010/01/11/living/donrsquot-call-me-a-lsquosewistrsquo/

No comments: